Kali Bowl Pt. 1 Tofu
~ 1 Container organic tofu, drained
~ Spray oil for baking
~ 1/2-3/4 cup Apple cider vinegar
~ 4-8 tablespoons Tamari
~ 1 tablespoon ginger
~ 1-3 teaspoons chilli flakes
1) Pre-heat oven to to 375. Spray 8 by 11 inch baking pan with oil or line with foil/parchment.
2) Slice tofu into 1/4 inch thick slices. Arrange in bottom of baking dish as evenly spaced as possible.
4) Pour enough apple cider vinegar to almost cover the tofu, drizzle enough Tamara to cover the top of the tofu, add ginger & chilli, mix everything together by rocking the pan side to side.
5) Pop everything in the oven and set the timer for 20 minutes. Once the timer is up take a peek, if the liquid has evaporated take them out to cool, if there is quite a bit of liquid left set a timer for another 15-20 minutes and put back in the oven to finish.
6) Once all liquid has evaporated remove from oven. Done!
Note: These sour ‘n’ salty tofu pieces are lovely added to curry, stir fry, Israeli salad, or any dish that really needs a bit of protein. Dishes with asian influence tend to go better with this. Not sure if its because of the tamari…or because Asian food is just amazing in its seemingly infinite combination of beautiful ingredients and resulting flavours. This tofu will balance a dish that is slightly heavy or oily thanks to the sour punch it lends. Play around with this recipe to get it just right for you with the amount of vinegar & tamari. You can also add lemon juice & sea salt instead of vinegar & tamari if you are making a dish that has more mediterranean influence, or to switch things up a bit.
Much Luv, Laters