These tortillas were a snack I made on grocery day for my partner. I was cooking dinner and feeling….particularly relaxed that evening. I didn’t really feel motivated to do much. He was hungry, as I stared into the empty abyss that is our fridge on a Thursday night, I thought to myself “so what can I do for a snack?” Voila – insert Tortillas Dulces. Affordable. Delicious. And you can whip them up in seconds. Now I used an oven for this recipe but you could easily use a: toaster oven, microwave, pan on the stove, etc..
~2 corn tortillas
~2 small pinches of sea salt
~1 1/2 teaspoons pumpkin pie spice blend or cinnamon
~2 teaspoons coconut sugar or dark granulated sugar
1) Turn the oven on to 350F or 176C.
2) Grab a glass baking tray large enough to fit two tortillas, lightly spray the bottom of the tray with your spray oil, and place to the side.
3) Spray the two tortillas front and back evenly – you don’t need heaps of oil but make sure you get the outside edges and the inside evenly. Place the tortillas next to each other on the baking tray.
4) Mix sea salt, spices, and sugar together with a fork in a small bowl. Sprinkle the mixture over the two tortillas evenly.
5) Bake tortillas for 12-18 minutes or until golden brown and crispy. If you prefer softer tortillas simply bake for 6-8 minutes. Enjoy fresh with a cup of your favorite tea or hot chocolate.
As always if you have a recipe that you would like to see reach out to me via Instagram by clicking the icon at the bottom of this page or scroll up and click on the CONTACT tab to write me. I hope you enjoy this simple lil treat.
Much Luv, Laters